No Saguaro

No Saguaro

August 4, 2012

They Did Something Right – For Once


I had lunch today at one of Tucson’s Five Guys restaurants.  I was a big fan of Five Guys when I lived back in the D.C. area, but this was my first visit to a Tucson location.  Given that this is Tucson, I went in expecting the worst. This city has a habit of making dining out at even the most well-established chain restaurants a crap shoot.  Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised.  The hamburger I had was fresh, cooked to order, with quality toppings.  The bountiful serving of french fries, something for which Five Guy is famous, was fresh, hot, salty, and tasty.  All in all, a pleasant experience.

Even though the chances of any Tucsonan launching an original restaurant chain that serves quality food are somewhere south of zero, it appears that every once in a great blue moon, they can at least manage to sustain a local franchise of somebody else’s restaurant.  I have to imagine that the Five Guys corporate headquarters keeps a very close eye on their franchise outlets, probably to ensure that no one like the average Tucsonan ever manages any of their restaurants.  In fact, given what we all know about Tucsonans, I also have to believe that Five Guys had somebody relocate to Tucson from the D.C. area to open and run their local outlets.

Who says I never say anything positive about this city? 

No comments:

Post a Comment